- Date: 2010.
- Company owner: VPI Diabetes Management.
- Developed by Cisium, Inc.
- Customer: general public.
- Creators: Raúl Bartolomé Castro and others.
- Raúl’s contribution: senior software developer.
- Market: medical
- Product category: IT infrastructure
This is a communication gateway that collects information from various devices interface and sends it to a data collector web server for processing and visualization. This specific variant is build to gather information from devices with RS232, but is easy to expand USB and ATA/IDE ports. This module can be used in areas where it is needed to collect data from external peripherals (e.g. measurement equipment, sensor) and to provide it to Ethernet server for further processing. Each device has a unique identifier for identification.
The communication gateway is implemented with 2 circuits, the base board and the daughter board. The daughter board can be modem or Ethernet.
Main bard processor uses a Samsung S3C44B0X. This is an ARM7TDMI core processor with 60Mclock frequency, contains LCD controller and SDRAM controller, 2 x UART, and up to 71 general purpose I/O ports.
MODEM Card uses VI-BRIDGE embedded Modem module, or DAVICOM DM562P, it supports up to 56kbps transmission, compatible with ITU-T V.90, V.34, V.32bis, V.32, V22bis, V.22, V.23, V.21, BELL 212A, 103. It supports data compression and error correction. It is compatible with V.42bis, V.42, MNP Classes 2-4 and MPN 5 protocols.
Ethernet Card (PPPoE) adapts Realtek RTL8019AS Ethernet controller. It is a full-duplex Ethernet controller with PnP function, transceiver speed up to 10Mbit/s with 16KB build-in SRAM. It supports 8/16 data bus.
- ARM7 Processor
- 2MByte Nor Flash
- 8MByte SDRAM (optional 16MByte)
- Serial Port x2 (UART)
- Firmware (upgradeable)
- Customized COM port for Modem card/ Ethernet card expansion.
- The operation system is Micrium uC/OS-II. It is easy to transplant, small memory requirement with high speed.
- TCP/IP stack will use open sources LWIP, it supports TCP&UDP, supports DHCP, PPP and SLIP. Data post supports HTTPS (128bit encryption)
- Modem supports PPP, DNS, with authentication.
- Ethernet supports DNS and DHCP.
- Software upgrade and parameter setting: Uses COM serial port for connecting with PC and then we can upgrade the firmware and / or reset some parameters (i.e. DHCP, PPPoE, password, etc.).